Saturday, November 11, 2006

Trade Equity


I love the power of Pivot Tables in Excel. They allow me to extract all sorts of info out of StockMaster (the software I use to manage my portfolio). I often use more than one order to buy the number of stocks I need for a postion. By using Excel I can amalgamate the multiple orders using Pivot Tables to get the graph up to the end of October 2006. I have made 129 trades in this portfolio since Jan 2003. The last stocks on the graph are open positions and the R squared value is shown just because I can.

Obviously there are peaks, troughs and the odd flat period on the chart, but overall the direction, in a bull market, is in the right direction. As always I can only take what the market gives - and so far it is in a very giving mood.

The Aussie stock market is booming. Resource stocks are leading the way yet again and it looks like being a good year again. I have also just put another $800,000 trading capital into this portfolio.

Stevo

No comments: