Friday, April 06, 2007

Net Profit per Security, Equity Curves & other stats

The charts below are generated from my trading portfolio.


Since I add and subtract cash from my trading portfolio it's a little hard to give % return type figures. So I look at other statistics and graphs - like the equity curve shown above.

137 trades in a little over 4 years means that I am averaging 32 round trip trades a year. This means that I have at least 20 weeks a year where I just watch the portfolio.




Profit per security is an interesting chart above. I know that I stuffed up the KIM trade - my biggest loser in the last 4 years. I bought far to many by using postion sizing for my Super fund rather than my trading portfolio.

I will be happy to keep the win / loss ratio above 3. So far so good. I also am happy with the % winners I am achieving. I know that the systems I am trading could have produced better results. For starters I didn't (or couldn't) take the SMY trade....

regards
Stevo

No comments: