Saturday, June 09, 2007

A busy month

I have been pretty busy of late in my 9-5 job, but the portfolio, not surprisingly has been doing well. A few sells in the last month - OKN, SGX, MCC (the only unprofitable one) and ERA. OKN was the big winner in the group (up 137%) - see chart below. I put most of the money back into the market.



Also MCC;


Picked up a Nissan 350z (2006 model the dealer wanted to offload for an excellent price). I tried out a few cars, (Audi TT, Porsche Boxter, BMW Z4) but the Nissan has all that I want and I am not paying for the name.

I am listening to Rich Man's Blues by C.W. StoneKing "I ain't got to think about tommorrow because I drive a brand new car". The rest of the song is worth a listen!

Stevo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi stevo, i have watched your page over a few months now. You certainly seem to be very clever with all this . Would you consider displaying what you are actually doing now? I know this is not your way but to be honest besides some basic blue chip trading the rest is way too hard too hard to follow. You are obviously very clever with comp programs. You dont have to recommend, just say what you are doing. I also know this is lazy!
thanks hambone

stevo said...

hambone
So I don't encourage any lazyness I got to where I am by;
1. I read Market Wizards and found the chapter by William O'Neal very useful, especially in terms of the "L" in CANSLIM.

2. I think that it was OPM (Adam) that switched me on to weekly systems - I sometimes wonder what happened to OPM. All the charts I post are weekly charts.

3. Lots and lots of testing (initially with Metastock and Roy's Trade Equity code, then Metastock and TradeSim, then with Amibroker) and then some more testing. Some of my early steps can be found on the Chartist site (the new ReefCap) under Follow My Trade - "BB system - a variation - paper trades".

4. Bouncing ideas off other traders (especially Shutty) was very useful. By the way Shutty I don't think your email is working.

5. I am still testing! I am

stevo

Cameron said...

Hey Stevo,

Whats the histogram your running up on the y-axis of your charts??

ASX.G

stevo said...

asx gorilla
The histogram running up the y axis is the volume at different price levels for the bars shown on the chart. It can show price levels where consolidation occured and potentially support and resistance levels.

So on the MCC chart shown you can see a lot of volume going through around $5.

stevo

Cameron said...

Cool idea...do u incorporate it into some discretionary decision making?

Is it a standard feature of Amibroker?

stevo said...

asx gorilla
Volume at price is just a line of code or drag and drop it onto the chart.

It looks pretty - I don't use this info consciously in my trading system.

stevo