Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Long term focus and another exit



I exited BTA last week. I thought it might have some promise but it just drifted slowly down till it lightly touched the exit point.

Since my sell off a couple of months ago I have been buying through September. There has been a lot of life in the market, especially resource stocks. The strength of some stocks has surprised me - YML, MGX, OMH hold some promise. My very limited research tells me that they are all involved in iron ore in WA. I also picked up MIS in the super fund - yet another iron ore company.

I am definitely overweight in materials and energy stocks at the moment. What happened in the market just a couple of months ago is a distant memory.

stevo

2 comments:

Nizar said...

Hi Stevo,

Just out of interest, did you take the previous 2 trades triggered for BTA (as shown on your chart)?

Nizar.

stevo said...

No - I checked my records and this is the first trade that I have ever placed with BTA.

stevo