Tuesday, July 22, 2008

St Bees Island


Not a bad spot to drop anchor for the night. I went for a kayak around the boat - lots of tortoises. We are anchored in a passage between St Bees Island and Keswick Island. There was not much wind when we left Mackay but it will pick up later in the week. It's probably a good thing since Mrs Stevo is on board and she is not a keen sailor. We will head north somewhere today, depending on the wind.

I am sure that the markets can wait for me, they probably won't even miss me! I sold a few on Friday before the close and there are no buy signals at the moment. I don't mind being mainly cash at the moment.

I will post some charts when I get a moment, but it's not been a good start to the current financial year. That makes it a good time to go sailing. The boat is a 54 foot Hanse fitted out with more electronics then the Starship Enterprise - I bet they didn't have internet on board. All the more to go wrong though and you need a degree in electronics to sail it. Fortunately I'm not the skipper.

stevo
(able seaman & cook)

No comments: