Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BTA & CTX - A couple of trades

I closed a couple of system trades over the last couple of weeks. CTX didn't do much, except to lose some dollars for me.


BTA was a more interesting ride. I remember taking the entry on this stock because it had closed at $0.87 on the Friday and jumped to $1.405 on the opening the following Monday when I was about to take the trade. I usually struggle to remember an individual trade after a couple of weeks. It peaked at at $1.79 for the week whilst I entered at $1.61! The volatility forced me to scale back the position substantially to reduce risk. I got out at $2.72.

I am wondering if I could consider recalculating risk on this sort of trade a couple of weeks in and add to the position size - something to ponder (but not lose sleep over).



The dog is looking at me like I should feed him so I better go - I sometimes wonder who is wearing the leash! According to accepted wisdom my dog is 90 human years old, although I haven't seen too many 90 year old men chasing possums (younger women maybe, but not possums)

regards
stevo

No comments: