Thursday, November 12, 2009

TradeSim Parametric Testing - good stuff!

I always thought it would be nice to optimise on position size criteria. It can be done in Amibroker, however TradeSim has really excelled with the recent upgrades to their software as shown by the following charts. It is clear that, with the system below, there is not a lot to be gained from increasing risk much beyond 1% in terms of net profit. Drawdown will increase, with some decent size outliers to spoil the party. I am sure I would manage to become an outlier (in the wrong direction) in actual trading!





These tests were run using TradeSim Enterprise Edition. I used Amibroker to generate the trades without having made any changes to the setup I had in AB for the previous version of TradeSim. The charts above do not do justice to the quality of the output - although the TradeSim site has better examples.

The charts above are from a monthly system I am using, as mentioned below.

regards

stevo

No comments: